Self Guided Walking Tour The Old Town
The Philosopher's Stone and the elixir of immortality have been found!
But not everyone deserves to get them... What about you?
How it works
- Choose Tour
- Receive an email with detailed instructions
- Download the QuestinTour App on the App Store or Google Play
- All you need is a mobile phone. Internet access is not required
This quest tour is available in text version. You can buy it at a more favourable price than the one with a voiceover, for only 28€.
The Old Town. Mystery of the Professor
A sensation! The Professor discovered the secret of the Philosopher’s Stone and the elixir of immortality! But how do we know who is worthy to get this knowledge? It’s necessary to pass the tests of the Professor, answer his mysterious questions and solve puzzles. But is this enough to gain secret knowledge?..
You will pass through the mystical places of the very center of Prague, see the unique Black Mother of the Lord and the residence of the Templars, find out what Ungelt is, look into the magnificent Church of Our Lady before Týn, discover the secret of the legendary Prague Orloj, relax in the courtyard of the Dominican monastery Clementinum, plunge into the most tragic and joyful moments of the history of Prague and, of course, you will find your own Philosopher’s Stone!
- Tower (Powder Gate)
- Celetná Street
- The House “At the Golden Angel”
- Black Mother of the Lord
- House “At the Temple”
- Basilica of St. James (closed on Monday, open from Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30 am to 12 pm and from 14 pm to 16 pm, on Sunday from 14 am to 16 pm)
- Týn Yard – Ungelt
- Golz-Kinský Palace
- Church of Our Lady before Týn (closed on Monday, open from Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 13 pm and from 15 pm to 17 pm, on Sunday from 10.30 am to 12 pm)
- The Storch House
- Old Town Square
- Prague Orloj
- The House “At the Minute”
- Crusaders’ Square
The starting point of the route
Powder Tower or Powder Gate. Address: U Prašné brány, Praha 1.
The closest metro station: Náměstí Republiky (yellow line B)
Tram stop: Náměstí republiky. Tram numbers: 6, 8, 15, 26, 41, 91, 94, 96.
When you are at the tram stop, take a close look: you will definitely notice a medieval black tower with an arch – this is the Powder Gate.