Self Guided Walking Tour Charles Bridge
The prophecy is destined to come true: Prague is going to die, and Charles Bridge will be completely destroyed... If you don't intervene!
How it works
- Choose Tour
- Receive an email with detailed instructions
- Download the QuestinTour App on the App Store or Google Play
- All you need is a mobile phone. Internet access is not required
This quest tour is available in text version. You can buy it at a more favourable price than the one with a voiceover, for only 28€.
Charles Bridge. It’s time to save Prague!
Today, a real mission awaits you – you must save Prague! Yes, you didn’t mishear. The disaster is coming! The prophecy of Beard-face is about to be fulfilled. Save Prague along with Charles IV, the greatest of Czech kings!
Charles Bridge is a symbol of Prague and a place of power. Here, every stone is ready to tell its legend, you just have to listen… Get ready to dive into the history of the construction and destruction of the bridge, to hear legends about the bridge towers, sculptures of saints, holy men, and Czech heroes. Prepare for the real discovery of Kampa Island and the lives of its inhabitants – people, spirits, museum exhibits, monuments and living swans.
- Knights of the Cross Square
- Church of St. Salvator
- Church of St. Francis of Assisi
- the monument of Charles IV
- Old Town Bridge Tower and Malá Strana Bridge Tower
- Charles Bridge and its sculptures
- Kampa Island
- Grand Priory Water Mill
- Prague Venice
- the narrowest street in Prague
- Vltava Embankment
Starting point of the route
Knights of the Cross Square (Křižovnické náměstí). The nearest metro station: green line (A) Staromestská. Then to the left, walk for 4–6 minutes down the Křížovnická street.
You can also get there from the Karlovy Lázně tram stop (number 2, 17, 18, 93) and walk along Smetanovo Nábřeží for 3–5 minutes.